Friday, April 24, 2009

Emergence

Howdy! Welcome to my blog. I've started this here blog to keep folks I love, and folks I don't even know for that matter, abreast of my new adventure as a full-time artist. While I plan to use my new freedom to create like I have never created before (with discipline), I also hope to create a little online support center for myself (for when I'm lacking discipline and really should be working in my studio).

I have to say, so far, this whole life change, entitled "I'm a real artist now", is both exciting and terrifying. And also premature, as I still have one week of work left at the art center where I have been employed for the last seven years. Then I get to forget all about schedules, calendars, non-profits, and grueling unpaid hours of work. Now I'm sure there will be a "NON" profit period for a while, and unpaid grueling hours of work, and exhibition schedules. Hmmmmm.

Well, at least I'll be able to do most of it in my pajamas!

No comments:

Post a Comment