Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Trailer Fire Studio's first firing!
















I finally got my first finished works photographed! The shiny glazes are kind of hard to get good images of, I'm doing some research on how to get better results. But, I'd rather be making pots, so for now, these will have to do.
The blue raygun is now my favorite. It is much brighter blue than shown here, and it's fin is too fun! I can't wait to assemble some more.
I am making lots of cups today, some space-mugs, and some tall cups similar to the celadon ones shown here. I've got another firing to do tomorrow, and I just received a book telling me everything I need to know to build my outdoor kiln, a 10-year-old dream, finally coming true. There's so much going on it's hard to make time to maintain this here blog!
In other news, the Pearls of the Prairie banquet was this weekend, it's an event where a local artist/art group is honored, as is a patron/supporter of the arts. I had a beautiful (i thought) set of four black and white cups for sale, a medium-sized black and white kitchen bowl, and two collaborative pieces (Jimi Wickenberg's) for sale, AND THEY ALL SOLD! I was a very happy lil' potter that night!

1 comment:

  1. The Sauce might very much like a ray gun like this one, please. Or The Sauce's owner. Either one.

    ReplyDelete