Monday, May 18, 2009

Zap! I'm back!


After many days, many pots, and many pairs of clay-encrusted pants, I finally emerged from the studio this weekend to celebrate my birthday with family and friends. It would have been very easy to just stay in there, but there was the promise of ski-ball and a JB King performance at Coffee Friends coffee shop. One of the great gifts I received this weekend was a digital camera from my mom! THANKS MOM!!! Now I can finally show what I've been working on.


This clay raygun feels so good in your hand! I can't help but hold it and make "pew pew pew" sounds. I'm making all kinds of kitchen gadgets that are raygus, such as salt & pepper shakers, salad dressing cruets, whisks, and others that I will keep quiet about until I show them. ALSO, I've made some really funky space helmets that you can actually wear, or use for a salad bowl, though I wouldn't recommend both at the same dinner.



I've also been making some things that are completely alien to me, like a giant gem-stone-pot for a show I have next year with jewelry artist Maria Stiles. Im really looking forward to all the collaborative aspects of that exhibition, Maria is an exceptional artist and I feel extremely fortunate to be showing with her.


I've aso made a lot of large drinking cups, bowls, plates, platters, a pitcher, and a bunch of other stuff. It's all been so fun to do.
So far, life as a potter is something I could get used to.








No comments:

Post a Comment