Friday, July 17, 2009

STU, STU, STUDIO TOUR!

STUDIO TOUR!!! NEXT WEEK!!! I HAVE A LOT TO DO!!!
What: A chance for you to come check out my studio and my new work!
Enjoy wine, beer, and Ariane-made appetizers!

When: July 24, 4-8pm

Where: Trailer Fire Studio! 2606 Sammye Ave. Gillette, WY (out in Fox Park)

Who: Open to my family, friends, collectors, admirers, and their friends. Only the coolest people I know. (Probably you, if you are not sure, email me or call me)

Why: Because I want everyone to come see my studio, my new work, and I want you to tell me what you think, and buy what you love!



Can you believe it, they asked me to come back to the library!

Yesterday my studio assistant John and I went to the Library's teen room for an art fair where teens were invited to come and learn about different art careers, art mediums, and just generally get inspired. I had a terrific time demonstrating and answering questions! Since it was in the basement, and it was a small space, they asked if I would do something that wouldn't require a pottery wheel, so I threw a piece on the wheel the night before and altered it and let the kids watch and ask questions. I think it went really well and they seemed to dig what I was doing. I also had to come up with some answers to some pretty intense ceramics questions, there were some extremely intelligent kids there, go figure, smart kids at the library. It was great. One girl had the coolest dinosaur t-shirt. I was jealous.

Picture

No comments:

Post a Comment